What To Do If You're Seeing Cockroaches In Your New Haven Home
New Haven area residents are no strangers to cockroaches. Cockroach infestation is a common — and growing — problem all over the United States. Roaches can damage a home, diminish the home-owning experience, and even potentially bring diseases into a home. To make matters worse, roach infestations can be difficult to eliminate once they are discovered, and are notorious for returning at a later date.
If you need pest control in New Haven County, call Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control. With over 30 years of experience, we are your local area experts of choice!
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Problem
The first step toward controlling pests in your home is knowing that you have an actual pest problem. In short, cockroach control first requires cockroach identification. Here are some good ways to tell if you might have roaches:
- You see an actual roach in your home, either alive or dead.
- You find roach egg cases. Look in cabinets and drawer bottoms.
- You find roach droppings, especially near food sources.
- You find dark stains on your walls, especially higher up.
- You find stains or smudges along baseboards due to roach traffic.
- Once you identify a roach problem, you can then work to get rid of them.
Wondering if you have cockroaches in your home? Test, do not guess. Contact Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control today to be certain. If we find roaches, we'll make sure they go away, and work to keep them from coming back.
The Health Risks Of Roaches In Your Home
Roaches by their very nature thrive in nasty, dirty environments. In fact, they prefer them. This can be problematic when roaches welcome themselves into your home, because there are several diseases associated with them. Salmonellosis, giardia, listeriosis, gastroenteritis, and campylobacteriosis are all associated with roaches, and they pose the risk of carrying these problems into your home with them.
Don't be alarmed at the sound of all of these diseases. Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control is ready to help! We know how to kill cockroaches in your home, and fast. Contact us today if you are worried about cockroach infestations.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Roaches In Your Home
Many pest problems may grow worse the longer the pests are in your home, and cockroaches are no exception. DIY pest control often offers mixed results, failing to eliminate the problem. Further, DIY pest control for roaches often fails to address the causes of infestation, leaving the door open for future roach infestations.
You don’t have to worry about extended roach struggles with Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control. We know how to get rid of cockroaches safely and effectively. Call us today, and let us help with what is bugging you.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations
Here are five ways you can keep roaches away from your home after eliminating an infestation:
- Keep outside garbage cans tightly sealed. Easy food draws roaches.Keep bushes and shrubs trimmed off your house. Up close
- plants? Up close roaches!
- Inspect and seal windows and doors. Look closely. Roaches squeeze through small spaces.
- Keep food stores tightly sealed. If roaches find food inside, they will stay and grow.
- Inspect regularly. If you see signs of roaches, act quickly.
In addition to these great preventive approaches, having professional pest inspections performed routinely will help you discover potential pest problems and address them quickly and safely.
Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control specializes in pest inspections and treatments, and with over 30 years of experience, no pest problem is a problem for us! Contact us today to get rid of unwanted pests.