What Are The Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation In New Haven County?
From sewers and cesspits, gangly legs have crawled into your home to examine the dark corners of your cabinets. A hard, oval-shaped body quivers at the opportunity to eat bits of food off your countertop. Every day, the army grows, gradually inundating your family. Cockroaches! Though they vary in size, many species of cockroaches that inhabit your home have similar characteristics. Gangly legs and oval-shaped bodies render them identifiable. Cockroaches may evade your sight, but they tend to leave signs of their presence. These signs include:
- Droppings: Cockroaches often spread diseases through droppings. These droppings are tiny, closely resembling grains of dirt. They could be easily mistaken for coffee grounds.
- Odor: Cockroaches leave behind a lingering, damp odor. This smell is pungent enough to detect without sniffing the dark corners of your cabinets.
Shed Skin: Cockroaches frequently shed skin before reaching full adulthood. This shed skin can vary in appearance depending on the cockroach species, but it always retains that same oval shape. Like snakeskin, it is also transparent.
- Egg Capsules: Cockroaches will drop eggs around your house as well. These eggs are small and can resemble mouse droppings depending on the size of the cockroaches. Like the cockroach itself, these droppings are oval-shaped.
- Nymphs: Similarly, cockroaches can leave behind their nymphs or baby cockroaches. Predictably, these cockroaches look like smaller versions of the adult cockroaches that have infiltrated your house. Each egg capsule carries a large number of nymphs.
- Smear Marks: Cockroaches smear your walls with dark streaks. Since cockroaches feed on almost everything, these streaks can appear in any area of your household, but especially the kitchen, for obvious reasons.
How Cockroaches Harm Your New Haven Home
Cockroaches are one of the proverbial pests for a reason. They spread diseases often through saliva or droppings. According to the World Health Organization, they especially have a proclivity for carrying intestinal diseases like dysentery and diarrhea. They can also carry viruses and fungi. Their presence may even harm those with asthma or other respiratory diseases and trigger allergic reactions in some people.
Additionally, they eat leather and other fabrics. They don’t enjoy the fabric itself, but they are more than willing to consume fabric with food stains. With extreme infestations, you may find that they have consumed your drapes. In rare cases, a large infestation can even cause structural damage to your house, simply owing to a large number of cockroaches in all areas of your home.
And, most obviously, they are vile. They leave an unpleasant odor and crawl across your kitchen table during dinner time. They may lead to embarrassment. You may avoid inviting friends over out of fear that they may see one of your little garbage dwellers swiftly crawling across the kitchen counter. In short, these nasty pests do not belong in your house.
Call Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control For All Of Your Pest Control Needs
If you find a cockroach in your home, you should call a professional. Cockroach infestations are overwhelming. Dealing with them alone is often a fruitless endeavor. The professionals know what they are doing. Calling a professional will save you time and, ultimately, money.
For the best in the business, reach out to us at Call Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control. With over 30 years of experience, Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control provides the best pest control services to Connecticut residents. We offer fast and personalized services to meet your individual needs, safe treatments, and 24/7 emergency services. We are home advisor screened, and QualityPro certified.
Don’t let cockroaches ruin your home, leaving constant reminders of their presence. The next time cockroaches have infiltrated your home, mortifying you in front of guests, make sure to call us at Rescue 1 Pest & Termite Control. Reach out to us today to learn more about our cockroach control and recurring pest control options.